- A common problem with data visualization is smoothing out the data - hiding the numbers.
- No matter how beautiful your interface is, it would be nicer if there were less of it - the data is the interface.
- Design can't salvage failed content.
- Don't design for the organizational hierarchy behind the data; design for what people actually come to your site for.
- Dimensional compression is the fundamental problem. Go out in the world and see how your data is collected.
- Your contempt for the audience leaks through...you shouldn't dumb the data down.
Excited to delve into his books next!